1. Q. Will PerfectPass work on my carbureted engine?
YES, absolutely no concerns. In fact, PerfectPass was first invented on a carbureted Moomba ski boat.
2. Q. What is the advantage to upgrading my WakeboardPro?
The GPS Speed reading never needs calibration and is more accurate than the paddle wheel. On some boats the flow of water over the paddle can become disturbed based on hull design, etc. This is not an issue with GPS. In addition, there is no longer concern about paddle wheel damage on trailers or lifts.
3. Q. What happens if we lose GPS Signal?
The high speed commercial grade Garmin Receivers used by PerfectPass are virtually 100% reliable worldwide. Our customers have been running Star Gazer's in more than forty countries including New Zealand, Russia and Australia. There has never been a report of GPS signal loss.
4. Q. I currently have the Water Temperature feature on my mechanical PerfectPass, will I lose this feature?
No, if you plug the paddle wheel into the new Master Module, it will show Water Temperature.
5. Q. I have an old basic Cruise System with the little 2 inch key pad. Is this upgradeable?
Yes. You will need the basic Star Gazer Upgrade and a new full size In Dash Display. This will bring your system current. And its all plug & play.
6. Q. We ride in a river with significant current, is GPS the right way to go?
GPS is based on speed over ground, so if you have strong currents you can add Star Gazer but ask about the "River Mode".
7. Q. I have a boat with a WakeboardPro that works perfectly in RPM Mode, but in speed based wakeboard mode it is not smooth, particularly when the rider pulls and in the turns.
Most boat manufacturers install a paddle wheel on their boats to operate the speedometerand PerfectPass shares the signal. We have seen many cases where the flow of water over the paddle is just not smooth & steady due to hull design, location, etc. The Star Gazer eliminates this issue.
8. Q. We like to Wakeboard and run in a Slalom coure but are not serious competetive skiers and do not care to time our passes. Which system is right for us?
The Star Gazer Wake Edition has a great slalom mode that is GPS enhanced and very simple to use. This system does it all including "No Magnet" course timing.
9. Q. If we buy a Star Gazer Wake Edition but in a few years my kids want to start skiing competitively, what is involved in upgrading to the Three-Event Edition?
In most cases you can purchase a Software Update Stick, and download the Three-Event software yourself.